Rock ‘n roll Friday night at Casselberrys Patio Bar and Lounge in Casselberry, Florida welcomed Bar Fly to the stage. Casselberrys is a quaint venue but the best place to see live music and Orlando’s top bands. Casselberrys has three separate bars; two inside and one outside on the patio. The vibe is of a neighborhood gathering place as many people in the crowd knew one another.
It was a dry but muggy night as the lounge filled up with guests that were ready to have a good time and forget about current events involved with the current pandemic. Bar Fly was just getting ready to perform when Mark Horan of MarkHoran.Pictures arrived to capture the event for All Music Magazine. Because Bar Fly was one of the first bands to sign into the magazines’ band archive section and post their upcoming schedule, it was only prudent to check them out and get acquainted.
The show started out with the Tom Petty cover “American Girl.” The band was experienced and tight with seven years under their belt and over 100 shows performed. Hunter Hailey, the lead singer, belted out the lyrics as if he actually was Tom Petty himself. The show covered four sets getting a bit more challenging as the band warmed up and the night rolled on. The usual keyboard player Jameson Boyce had the night off, and Brian Kadillac filled in brilliantly.
All four sets were heavily filled with hits from the 1970’s. They played songs from Journey (four times) to Grand Funk Railroad. Rob Amico and Scott Heath held down the bass line while Roger Butterly filled the precision licks that made those covers famous.
I was familiar with all songs on the setlist and I reminisced to a time over a time forty years ago. I felt comforted as they were songs I grew up with and bands I had seen. For a great night out with friends and family, get out and see Bar Fly, they are highly entertaining as they will perform covers that appeal to everyone. Check the show page on AllMusicMag.com, I bet they are playing at a joint close to you!
Hunter Hailey- Vocals/Tambourine
Roger Butterly -Guitar/Vocals
Jameson Boyce/Brian Kadillac- Keyboards/Vocals
Rob Amico-Bass/Bkg. Vocals
Scott Heath-Drums/Cowbell/Wood Block
- American Girl (Tom Petty cover)
- Blue Morning (Foreigner cover)
- You’ve Got That Tonight (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)
- Jealous Again (Black Crowes cover)
- She’s Country (Jason Aldean cover)
- Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi cover)
- Shine (Collective Soul cover)
- Baby Hold onto Me (Eddie Money cover)
- Hollywood Nights (Bob Seger cover)
- Anyway You Want It (Journey cover)
- Blue collar Man (Styx cover)
- Carry Wayward Son (Kansas cover)
- All Right Now (Free cover)
- Hold The Line (Toto cover)
- Tennessee Whiskey (Chris Stapleton cover)
- New Years Day (U2 cover)
- Abacab (Genesis cover)
- Subdivisions (Rush cover)
- Whipping Post (Allman Brothers cover)
- Roll With The Changes (REO Speedwagon cover)
- Separate Ways (Journey cover)
- Feels Like The First Time (Foreigner cover)
- Jane (Jefferson Starship cover)
- Fooled Around and Fell in Love (Elvin Bishop cover)
- Kiss (Prince cover)
- Lovin Touchin Sqeezin (Journey cover)
- Some Kind of Wonderful (Grand Funk Railroad cover)
- Maybe I’m Amazed (Paul McCartney cover)
- Refugee (Tom Petty cover)
- The One I love (REM cover)
- Don’t Stop Believing (Journey cover)
- Keep on Loving You (REO Speedwagon)
- Purple Rain (Prince cover)
- Foolin (Def Leppard cover)
- Creep (Radiohead cover)
- Hotel California (Eagles cover)
- Come Sail Away (Styx cover)
Bar Fly cover of Whipping Post Recorded Live May 30th 2020 at The Alley in Sanford Florida.
Follow Bar Fly:
Call Rob for booking 386-848-3921
Photographer and Editor/Founder of AllMusicMagazine.com. My love of live music has taken me to incredible experiences with the top bands of all time in stadium shows to the smallest venues with equally inspiring musicians. Using the medium of photography and my publication, these memories will last forever.